Looking for WOF Albany? A warrant of fitness (WOF) is a regular check that your vehicle meets required safety standards, at the time of inspection. It’s your job to keep your vehicle in warrant-able condition always. For example, while tyres on your vehicle may pass on the day of your warrant inspection, you’ll need to replace them as soon as the tread gets to the minimum depth. If you wait until the next inspection before replacing them, you increase your risk of having a crash or receiving a fine.
Why do I need to have a current Warrant of Fitness?
Firstly, it is a mandatory requirement to legally operate on public roads in New Zealand. Also, a current WOF certifies your vehicles road-worthiness at the time of inspection. A WOF ensures that all your vehicle’s safety systems such as brakes, exhaust system, lights, steering, suspension, seat belts etc are in good working order. A current WOF will help you avoid costly Traffic Infringement Notices (tickets) for driving a non-warranted vehicle. To comply with your vehicle’s insurance policy. If your vehicle has no current registration or WOF, your policy may be invalid.
What are the danger signs of a vehicle without a current WOF?
- When the vehicle is wandering across road.
- There is a clunking sound from under the car.
- Squealing sound.
- Juddering through steering wheel when applying brakes.
- Soft brake pedal.
- Car pulling to one side under braking.
- Handbrake pulls up too high.
- Smell of deadly fumes inside car.
- Excess noise.
- Tread depth is below 1.5mm.
- Car veers to side of road.
- Tread pattern worn on edges or steel wires exposed.
THERE MAY BE NO WARNING SIGNS
What if I need repairs from having a WOF check-up?
We offer on the spot repairs for many vehicle faults, with competitive prices and qualified workmanship. Of course, no work will be carried out without your prior approval.
How often should my vehicle’s systems be inspected?
- 6 months if vehicle registered before 1st January 2000.
- 12 months if vehicle registered from 1st January 2000.
- Braking Systems – Every 15,000 km.
- Shock Absorbers – Every 25,000 km.
- Exhaust Systems – Every 20,000 km.
- Lubrication Systems – Every 10,000 km.
Drive in or call us today at 09 415 8569.